InThrMa> Support> Routers<
Configuring your router for use with InThrMa requires setting up Port Forwarding (PF). Port Forwarding is a router setting that allows specific Internet traffic (from inthrma.com) to pass through your firewall and on to your thermostat. If you're unfamiliar with PF, we've put together a brief intro on Port Forwarding for you to take a look at. Below are some common routers and their PF related notes. Routers do change all the time and there are 1000s of models out there a more comprehensive resource can be found at www.portforward.com
The information below is intended to help you get through this process for various popular brands of routers.
Note: The 'Default' values below are typical for routers when they ship from the factory. Yours may have been changed. Please consult the person who setup the router or use the tech-support links below.
- 2Wire Router Support
- Key terms: Firewall >> Edit Application
- Default router URL: http://home/
- Default username: /blank/
- Default password: Wireless
- AirLink+ Router Support
- Key terms: NAT >> Special Application
- Default router URL: http://192.168.1.1/
- Default username: admin
- Default password: admin
- Apple Airport Support
- Key terms: Internet >> NAT >> Configure Port Mappings...
- Default router URL: n/a
- Default username: n/a
- Default password: admin or public
- Belkin Router Support
- Key terms: xxx
- Default router URL: http://192.168.2.1
- Default username: admin or /blank/
- Default password: /blank/
- DLink Router Support
- Linksys Router Support
- Netgear Router Support
- Key terms: Advanced >> Port Forwarding
- Default router URL: http://192.168.0.1
- Default username: admin or Admin
- Default password: password or 1234
- Your ISP (SBC, Comcast, Verizon, etc) likely provides you with a Dynamic (subject to change) IP address.
- You can think of an IP address like a phone number for your internet connection.
- You can tell a friend your phone number and they'll memorize it for when they need to reach you BUT if your phone number is subject to change, at anytime, your friend would have no use in memorizing your number and also have a very hard time reaching you once your phone number changes.
- Since InThrMa needs to reach your thermostat over the Internet, at your IP address which is subject to change, we need a different way to address it.
- There are several Dynamic DNS services available to help us with this.